Why WordPress? Reasons to choose WordPress
You must have heard of WordPress. And must be wondering why is it so famous. And why many are suggesting to use this CMS. However, there are a ton of reasons why WordPress is a quality platform for building websites. But still, if you need to be convinced then read this blog.
Easy to Use
Firstly, WordPress is easy to use. WordPress is a straightforward platform for your website that makes everything simple. For example,
- No need-to-know code.
- You don’t need to learn a complicated program.
- You don’t need to call in an expert.
- Altogether, no technical knowledge
WordPress is Free
As we all know that WordPress is totally free. It doesn’t cost you anything to get started. The fact here is when you choose this system, you only pay for what you need. however, it doesn’t give you any guarantees or customer support. Hence, it’s pretty basic. However, there are many Free themes available but still, to create what you need, you might need to pay for a premium theme. You can also get premium plugins to increase functionality.
That is the catch for this system. You only pay for what you need! If you don’t need much, you don’t have to pay anything. But if you need more, you can get it for the right price.
WordPress Offers Ownership
With lots of Free website platforms out there you have plenty of choices to choose from. But one advantage that you get with this CMS is ownership.
As you probably already know, there are a lot of free website platforms out there. If you’re building a blog or even a basic website you have plenty of choices. But one big advantage that it offers is ownership. Creating your website with other platforms that do not provide ownership is not a good place for your primary online presence to be. But with WordPress it is different! You download the software and install it on your own host. You own the space, you own the URL, you own the software. Since the internet is full of threats and breaches. You need to own your base of Operations online. With WordPress, it is possible to have your own home base.
Flexible Themes and Plugins
- With WordPress Plugins and themes, you can add all kinds of extra features
- These plugins and themes are powerful they let you handle all kinds of powerful stuff, what a beginner can handle.
- It allows you to turn things off, hide them or ignore them completely.
- From basic sites to complex sites that requires a lot of management it will handle all with ease.
- CNN, Pepsi, Ford, American Red Cross, The New York Times and more had turned to WordPress for the same reasons.
Features of WordPress
WordPress has the features you need for your site.
- This CMS system is fully compliant with WC3, The World Wide Web Consortium, and GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation. Basically, this means that WordPress follows the basic standards for code so it’s going to work across most browsers, both today and into the future.
- Some content management systems require rebuilding your site after any change, which makes the whole process of updating your site slow to a crawl. it lets you make the changes and move on.
- WordPress offers a full-blown (but optional) user registration system with lots of WordPress user roles, which allows people to register to join your site.
- You can have multiple levels of access for contributors, ensuring that some of your coworkers can’t post content live without someone else approving it. It’s a good way to install some checks and balances, especially if you have a team of people posting content.
- It comes with powerful spam filters out of the box to keep your site free of junk.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is a big business, but you have a huge leg up on the competition simply by using WordPress.
WordPress sounds all well and good. But maybe you’re still not sure.
- Nearly 39% of the internet is powered by WordPress.
- You will find big-name celebrities, major organizations and highly successful companies using WordPress.
- It has the support of several organizations, including the WordPress Foundation and Automatic.
- The WordPress Foundation is a nonprofit dedicated to protecting the system and other open-source projects.
- Being open source has allowed WordPress to explode. They’ve got more techies working on WordPress than most major software releases have.
- You’re not at the mercy of some major corporation, and that’s freed WordPress to grow and evolve as the community sees fit.
- These are developers and small businesses, freelancers and designers, writers and business people who are helping others use WordPress.
- WordPress works hard to be easy to use, designed for the majority and constantly improving. Does your other software have a philosophy?
WordPress is Secure
On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. Because WordPress is so widely used, websites that run on this CMS can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords, and obsolete software.
But thanks to an active community and open-source development, WordPress continues to be an excellent choice for a wide variety of websites because of its ease of use, flexibility, and continued development.
And by following a few simple WordPress security best practices, you can greatly reduce your vulnerability to attack. There are also a ton of ways to add additional security measures to your website, like installing a WordPress security plugin like iThemes Security Pro.
As we mentioned before, WordPress is an excellent choice if you care about SEO (and you should.) A website is only as successful as its search engine optimization, so it’s worth the effort to spend time optimizing your content for search engines.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the process of improving your content in order for Google and search engines alike to find and index your site. If and when your WordPress site is properly optimized for search engines, your content will display in search engine results.
The good news is that WordPress makes it easy to set your site up for SEO success. In fact, it is widely considered the best CMS for SEO.
Just check out these SEO tips to make your presence known to Google and other search engines, and to ramp up your SEO and boost your ranking in search engines. We also have a ton of free SEO training to help with your SEO success.
Get Hosting for your WordPress website
If you want web hosting services for your website then look no further than Averthost. Averthost provides SSD-Powered web hosting services that fulfill all your website needs.